The Council of the Estonian Kindred Peoples’ Programme announces a contest for prizes to be awarded to scientists belonging to the Uralic kindred peoples’ communities that have no nationhood.
The Council of the Estonian Kindred Peoples’ Programme announces prizes for the following categories of research:
1. works in the areas of literature, linguistics, history, archaeology, ethnology, and folklore of the Uralic peoples, published in any language;
2. works in any area of science, published in one of the Uralic languages.
Works liable to be nominated to a prize are publications issued during the last four years (2011–2014), including monographs, collections or series of works in the areas of science indicated above, written in any language or works in any area of science published in one of the Uralic languages. The prizes will be awarded by a jury formed of the representatives of the Council of the Kindred Peoples’ Programme and experts.
The value of the prize is 1250 Euros; in each category one prize is awarded to one author, as a rule.
The prize winners will be notified on the Kindred Peoples’ Day (third Saturday of October).
Requirements for the participation in the competition:
Prize nominees (nominee proposers) should submit:
1. Two copies of a published work.
2. 1-2 letters of recommendation/ expert evaluation (in Estonian, Russian, or English).
3. Letter of application (in Estonian, Russian, or English) with the category of the contested prize indicated, the author’s name, date of birth, work place, home and work place address, telephone numbers, e-mail address.
4. List (in Estonian, Russian, or English) of author’s earlier publications.
The jury will be reviewing works submitted to the competition once a year.
Application deadline: August, 15. The required publications and documents should be submitted to the Council of the Kindred Peoples’ Programme:
Secretariat of the Kindred Peoples’ Programme
Department of Finno-Ugric Studies, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, Estonia
Letters of recommendation, the application form, and a list of publications should be sent by e-mail, if possible: e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org